One of the prettiest, most versatile, and dependable of cut flowers is the flower of the month for November: lisianthus.
There is an enormous choice on offer: the lisianthus comes in white, green, blue, pink, lilac, purple and salmon. Some flowers even have petals with multiple colours. The lisianthus also comes in many forms: single and double flowered, large and small flowered and even with fringed petals. If that wasn’t enough, new forms are constantly being added! Apart from being colourful, the lisianthus’s petals are also very soft and delicate.
Care tips for lisianthus
Enjoy lisianthus for a long time by following these tips.
• Select a clean vase and fill it with tap water at room temperature.
• Add cut flower food to the water for a longer vase life. This has a very positive effect on the vase life for lisianthus in particular.
• Cut or trim the stems diagonally by 3 to 5 cm with a sharp and clean knife or secateurs.
• Make sure there are no leaves hanging in the water.
• Do not place lisianthus in a draught, in full sun or near central heating.
• Regularly top the vase up with tap water; lisianthus flowers drink a lot because they have thin petals, as a result of which they evaporate a lot of moisture.