Probably the single most popular, longest lasting, most versatile cut flower: chrysanthemums!
Chrysanthemums like making friends. They are easy to combine with other fabulous flowers such as roses and anthuriums to create a cheerful and extravagant bouquet. You can make the overall effect more robust by placing it in a rugged pot.
Care tips for chrysanthemums
Enjoy your chrysanthemums for at least 2 to 3 weeks with the following tips.
• Select a clean vase and fill it with tap water at room temperature.
• Add cut flower food to the water for a longer vase life.
• Cut or trim the chrysanthemums’ stems diagonally by 3 to 5 cm with a sharp and clean knife or secateurs.
• Make sure there are no leaves hanging in the water.
• Do not place chrysanthemums in a draught, in full sun or near central heating.
• Regularly top the vase up with tap water.
• Don’t place chrysanthemums near a fruit bowl. Fruit emits ethylene gas which will cause the flowers to age more rapidly.